วันพุธที่ 20 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

Horizon Academy: Fall Down... Get Up!

Author : Keith Allen
I recently returned from my second home pass. It still amazes me how so much has changed in the last seventeen months. It has been long and very hard. Before I came to the Academy I had no self worth, respect for others, or a purpose for my life. I was very angry, verbally abusive, and into the whole drugs and party scene. I was doing poorly in school and heading nowhere in life. At first when I came to the Academy it was all about getting back at my parents. I would send them very cruel and manipulative letters because I felt like I was being punished.In reality my parents love me more than anything in the world. The unconditional love they had for me was present every day at home before I left, but just not in the form that I wanted then. Before it was "You can't hang out with those kids" or "You have to check in with us." To me now these words my parents spoke to me were out of love because they wanted the best for me, the only problem was I didn't want it for myself. I now appreciate my parents more than anything and our communication has improved so much.This journey is preparing me for the next to come. I know that I am always going to have my struggles in life but its how I deal with them that counts. Never giving up is one of the most important things to live by. I only fail if I fall and don't get back up. I have learned to love myself and words alone wouldn't be enough to describe it. I have learned to be my own leader and not to follow the crowd and to be a contributor to society. One of the biggest things I learned was to follow my dreams and not settle for less than I know that I am capable of. Looking back I am very thankful for the other students who have helped impact my life. Also the staff that sticks by us with every step we take. I thank God for giving me this second chance to live. One of my dreams is to one day be a staff member at Horizon Academy so I can give to others what has been given to me.Horizon AcademyParenting Troubled Teens - Help
and tips for parents with troubled and struggling teens.
Keyword : Horizon Academy, Alcohol, Youth, Parenting, Troubled Youth, Boarding Schools

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: